Thursday, March 26, 2009

Two Month Shots

Sevyn had her first round of shots on Tuesday morning.  Honestly, it was funny.  I can't remember the last time I saw blood rush to someone's face like that.  I think she was saying, "dang it woman, that hurts!"  They stuck her twice and did it simultaneously, one in each thigh.  

Sevyn weighed in at 10 pounds 3 ounces, and is 22 1/4" long.  She is in the 25t percentile in both height, weight and head circumference.  She is also doing really well with her development.  Apparently, there is a reflex that develops around 4 months that she is already doing (what can I say, my kids ahead of the class, ha!)  Something about bringing your hand into you line of vision from the side.  

They commented that she has exceptionally good head control, and that she is pretty close to rolling over.  It was nice to be reassured that tummy time, and the amount of time that she spends on the ground playing is actually the right thing to do.  Personally, I just put her on the ground because I have work to get done, and I can't do it unless she is out of my arms. 

Next doctor's appointment and round of shots comes at 4 months.

No comments: