Tuesday, March 10, 2009

An Explosion of Epic Proportions!

Jim and I went to go look at houses today, and Sevyn did really well.  She slept most of the time, until the very end when we were looking at other properties online at our realtors home.  Sevyn woke up and in typical fashion, screamed her head off.  I picked her up out of her car seat and tried to console her, but she was having none of it.  She wanted to eat!

Jim and I decided we were going to go have dinner at Joe's Pizza just around the corner, and before we went in I would feed her in the parking lot.  I had to buckle her back into her car seat so we could go from our realtor's house to Joe's.  That ticked her off even more.  

To shorten the details, I picked her up out of the car seat, got her feeding and then started to smell something.  I looked around in her diaper (she had a onesie on and pants) and when I started to examine if it was poo or toots I saw the mess.  She had exploded her diaper all the way, and I mean ALL THE WAY!  Not just a little bit that got smeared, it was as much poo as I have ever seen come out of a baby.  Let's not forget that she just now got into her size one diapers, so she shouldn't be filling them just yet.

It was on her stomach almost to her chest.  It was on her back, down her legs, it had soaked into her onesie.  It was GROSS!!!!



After she was done eating, which couldn't have come any sooner, Jim and I decided we would clean her up in the trunk of my car (probably not the most sanitary of places but it worked.)  I laid her down in the back with a lap pad underneath and started to clean her up.  I first tried to get the poo that was all over her stomach so that I could eventually get her onesie off.  Then after I got the onesie off (which got tossed in the trash) I opened her diaper and it was disgusting.  I think I used about 20 wipes.  It was so bad that we took a plastic bag and hung it on the trunk of my car for easy "throw-away" access.  

Meanwhile, Sevyn laid there smiling and cooing the entire time.  It was as if she was saying, "serves you right for making me wait for my dinner."  Anyways, that was her first time she had pooped in 2.5 days, and lets just say she got it all out.  

I am sure you parents can sympathize with us on infant explosions, this was the worst one we have had by far!  

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy 2months Sevyn!!