Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Doctor Update

I had my final doctor's appointment today, and everything is going well.  We are still scheduled to induce next Tuesday the 13th, and are super excited about it, and getting anxious more and more each day. 

Today at the doctor's office, they weighed me and officially document that I have gained 20 pounds on the pregnancy.  That seems like a lot to me, but fortunately as far as pregnancies go its not.  All along they expected me to gain 25-35 pounds total, and as you can see I am under that.  Woo Hoo!  Hopefully that means that I am all baby and will go back to normal size quickly . . . let's pray!

There hasn't been much change for me physically and I am progressing fine, but a bit slow.  My doctor has decided to help aide that progression the night before we are scheduled to induce.  I am going to go the hospital the night before, so they can do a small medical thing and then stay the night.  They will then administer the pitocin at 5am the next morning, and then its all about the baby from there.  

If all works out right we should have a baby sometime in the late afternoon/early evening on Tuesday the 13th.  

Just so you know, Jim will send out a text message/email to everyone to let them know the status of the baby once she is delivered.  I am sure pics will be included . . .so look forward to that!  

I guess my next blog update will be after Sevyn is born (unless something drastically changes) so look for pics and stats on this sight on Tuesday! 

In the meantime, pray that I finish my workload in time, and that Jim and I get plenty of rest these last few days, and as always pray that we will have a safe delivery and healthy baby!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Can't wait! You'll love parenthood!

The McGregor Family said...

Sevyn needs to hurry and get here so Emily can see she is a girl and quit calling her a him. Brady is ready since he thinks he is going to get out of school early..not going to happen. I am ready to see Jim wear his diaper dooty belt =)