Sunday, January 18, 2009

This is Cool

Jim had this poster made to hang in Sevyn's room. It is a pictorial representation of the reasons for her name. I think it is one of the coolest things he could have done.

Explanation:
"S" - Ladybug: A standard ladybug has seven spots, and Sevyn's nickname.
"E" - Craig Biggio: His Jersey Number was 7, and one of Jim's favorite players.
"V" - There are several important 7's in baseball, including Nolan Ryan's number of no-hitters.
"Y" - Mickey Mantle: His Jersey Number was 7, and a baseball great
"N" - Seinfeld : Season 7, Episode 13 was called "The Seven," George tells a couple they should name their baby Seven. (This is where Jim got the idea for her name.)  Also one of Jim's favorite television shows of all time.

In the background is scripture that relates or emphasizes the number seven, such as:
Forgiving 70 times 7.
Joshua marching around Jericho 7 times, etc.
God created the world in 7 days
II Chronicles 7:14 - the reference has the number seven, and verse is an important one "If my people which are called by my name shall humble themselves, pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."

Anyways, just thought I would share this with all of you.  I think from a graphics prospective it is one of the coolest pieces I have ever seen, and am so glad it was made for my daughter!

No comments: