Saturday, January 17, 2009

Our First Night

Well it was an interesting first night at home.  Sevyn had a great day, she rode home in the car really well, slept the whole time.  Layed in her crib, was smiling during her first diaper change on her changing table, and loved rocking in our glider.  

However it all changed when it was time to get ready for bed.  We decided to give her her first sponge bath and that went pretty well, but shortly after she started crying.  It was about time for her to feed, so I fed her and she was quiet, but shortly after she began to scream again.  
 
And it continued through the night.  Being a new mom, I was still trying to figure her out and thought that maybe she was cluster feeding and fed her again, and then again.  Each time she continued to feed but I realized that she was having lots of trouble burping.  Finally, at about 3am I realized she hadn't burped at all, and that she hadn't had a poopy diaper most of the day, so between gas and constipation we thought he had figured out the problem. 

I sent Jim to the store to pick up some Milacon drops (which help relieve gas) and after giving those to her she started to burp and pass gas.  Then about an hour later she had a poopy diaper.  At about 4:30 in the morning she stopped screaming, and finally relaxed enough to get some sleep.  She wouldn't sleep in her crib or the pack n play, so I layed down on the couch with her and she slept on my chest for the next three hours.  

At 7am she woke up to feed, and so we did.  She was a little fussy afterwards and I was pretty tired at this point, so I asked Jim to change her diaper and rock her.  He did, and she went to sleep.  The good news out of all this was that all three of us slept from 7:30am to 11:30am, which was GREAT!

Most of the day today she has slept and I think we have resumed back to our normal schedule.  Hopefully that was a one night thing, and tonight will be better - pray that it is. 

No comments: