Monday, December 8, 2008

Family Baby Shower

I had a great time at my baby shower on Sunday afternoon.  It was fun to be around my family, and friends.

My husband was able to be apart of it too.  My older sister Shelly bought him a special present . . . I think it is darn cute!


The daddy doodie tool belt came with everything from diapers, to wipes, a clothes pin to cover the nose, tongs to remove the diaper, air freshner, and goggles!   I definitely think he is prepared now for those "explosions" that are inevitable.  


I think I ate the best cake of my life at my shower!  My mom got it from a place in Southlake called the Cakery . . . yum!!!  I have really enjoyed the leftovers too.  It was a super cute cake, as you can see here.


Finally, my niece had a great time too.  Thankfully, Brittany (a childhood friend) brought one of her daughters, and they hit it off great!  (Funny enough, they showed up wearing the exact same dress . . . gotta love Target!)


Thanks so much for those of you who were able to come.  I appreciate the gifts, and outfits that you gave to Sevyn.  My mom and sisters came up with the idea to have everyone bring a book instead of a card . . . and so now Sevyn has a pretty extensive baby book collection!  I can't wait to take those pictures of Jim reading to her on a nightly basis.   I know he is looking forward to that.

 A special acknowledgement to Linda for finding a baby quilt that my Granny made prior to her passing away.  It is definitely something I will cherish.  


1 comment:

Michael, Brittany, Rylie, and Reagan said...

It was good to see you again. Sevyn will definately be a well dressed baby!! Rylie has been talking about Emily nonstop since we've left. We are going to have to all get together and let all the kids play.