Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Updates on Sevyn's Room

Here are some updated pictures of Sevyn's room.  It is finally finished, and we couldn't be more happy with it. 

The white board on the wall was Jim's idea, and I think it is going to be a great tool as she grows up, not only for us to keep lists, schedules etc. but also for her to eventually have  a place for her to color (as a 3-4 year old,) and do homework (as a elementary student.)


The board is 4'x6' so as you can see it takes up a large portion of the wall.  We went to home depot trying to figure out how we would complete this project, however we didn't  estimate how large a piece of white board we were going to purchase.  

The original size was 4'x8' and in Jim's Rav 4, let's just say there was very little space.  (Honestly I should have taken pictures.)  We layed both the front seats all the way down (good thing his back seats were out of the car already.)  The board covered the ENTIRE area of the car, we nearly didn't get it in.  Jim squeezed into the drivers seat, and the board was basically lodged into his neck (he couldn't move his head at all because his head was completely shoved up against the window.)  

I got behind the drivers seat and sat in the floor board underneath the white board.  Good thing home depot was about 2 miles from our house, and it was a fairly straight path the entire way.  

I am sure that we would have been taken to jail or something had we been pulled over by a police officer.  

Anyways, just had to share that story, just so you know how much hard work went into decorating her room, in an unconventional way.  Let's face it . . . Jim and I are pretty unconventional.  


I made her door sign.  It will also double as the door sign at the hospital for our room (instead of those tacky mums that you see on the doors!)  : )  So if you plan on coming to the hospital to visit look for Sevyn's name . . . it should be the only one!  ; )  LOL

5 comments:

Bethe said...

The room looks awesome! Way to go! I noticed a Rangers teddy bear on that shelf... I'm glad she's going to grow up a Rangers fan. Only one problem--what am I going to do with that giant tacky pink mum I bought for your hospital door? I'm not sure I can return it... he he.

Laura said...

So Cute! I have enjoyed reading your updates!

Anonymous said...

hey tif and uncle jimmy the whole thing looks awsome good luck lol haha so have fun wish i could be there
Love you guys
Savannah and the family

Anonymous said...

The room is really awesome looking on a computer. :) I saw it on Uncle Jim's phone, but it looks much cooler when it's bigger. With the white board and everything, Sevyn's going to have a flippin' awesome room. :)

[cassie!]

Michael, Brittany, Rylie, and Reagan said...

I am so glad that you have a blog!! Thanks for sharing. Her room looks great. You did a good job.