Friday, December 26, 2008

Doctor Update & Christmas

Just a quick update on my latest doctor's appointment.  

I went to the doctor on Tuesday the 23rd.  Now that we are on weekly appointments, I am getting more and more anxious.  

Of course the dreaded scale was the first thing I did, this time it said I gained 8 pounds in two weeks.  If you remember from my last blog last time it said I lost 5 pounds.  I swear my body is weird, and they swear the scale is accurate.  Not sure what it is, but I know I didn't loose 5 pounds, nor did I gain 8.  So who knows where I am at . . .

My uterus measured the right size this time, so that was another positive.  

They are now doing their checks to see how dilated I am.  (Believe me I will NOT be going into details about that on this blog.)  The doctor said that Sevyn has dropped but I am not showing any sign of dilation yet.  What was odd is that she gave me some recommendations for helping that process along, one of those suggestions was to drink Raspberry TEA!  Yum.  I have never heard that one before but apparently it helps.

Anyways, enough about doctors.  Jim and I had a great Christmas.  Sevyn received her first piggy bank - which is super adorable!


My nephew, Brady (age 7) painted a canvas to go in her room.  It is the perfect colors, and is now hanging just above her baby bed.  I really like it, he did a GREAT job!  He has only been learning cursive for the last 6 weeks in school, so I think it is really awesome that he did so well with her name too!



We ordered a pack and play that has a bassinet, and changing table on it.  It was on sale and super cute.  The main part of the pack and play was very easy to put up, but once you start adding on the bassinet, lights and sounds, and changing table, it gets quite a bit more complicated.  Anyways we got it all put together and are ready for Sevyn to test it out.
 

Oh and I have to post this as well.  This is Sevyn's first swimsuit, cover-up and hat.  I can't wait to see her in it this summer!  Since Jim has nicknamed her "ladybug," we just HAD to get it!



Christmas night we sat down and were trying to think of everything else we needed to do, and we couldn't really think of much.  There are a few odds and end things we need to do, like hang the video camera for the monitoring system in her room, re-vaccum her floor, and sanitize that room one more time, and wash the extra sheets for her bed.   Other than those few thing . . . I think we are done!  

Just 22 days until her due date . . . and if we induce, like we are talking about,  just 16 days to go!

In the home stretch now!

No comments: