Sunday, July 25, 2010

Potty Training Day #1 and Day #2

Potty training got off to a good start. Sevyn likes to sit on her potty, and read her books. I am really not expecting her to be a quick potty training candidate, but things have actually got off to a good start.

Sevyn was in the pool with me and Jim when she told Jim "I poopy" I check her diaper and she was just about to start pooping. I stripped her swimsuit and swim diaper, and she sat her on the potty. She never actually pooped, but she did pee. She was VERY excited when her little potty sang her a "rewards" song.

Sunday morning, I pulled her PJ's off and diaper and told her to go sit on the potty. I sat with her for a few minutes, but then got up to go pick out her clothes. (This is done so much easier without her assistance, she loves to empty her drawers in the morning.)

Anyways, I heard her shut the bathroom door. A moment or two later, I heard her start to cry. I figured it was because she can't turn door knobs yet (she isn't tall enough) so I walked over and opened the door. To my surprise, Sevyn had pooped! Only problem is she missed, and pooped on the floor. Our bathroom is really small so when I opened the door it smeared the poop on the floor. NO FUN! Oh well, we still rewarded her, and she actually finished pooping while sitting on the potty.

So that is day #1 and #2. We will just see how things continue to develop. I am glad she is liking the "potty training" so far. I didn't expect her to actually use the potty for a few days or weeks, so I am behind on the sticker chart. I don't have any stickers here at the house, so I will have to pick some up VERY soon.

I owe her 2 right now. : )

No comments: