Monday, March 28, 2011

Our biggest accomplishment yet . . .

I decided to take Spring Break and really focus on potty training with Sevyn. It was a great week of mommy-daughter time and it wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be. Sevyn did a really good job. She tried hard, never really got mad or frustrated and for the most part potty training went smoothly.

On Tuesday she got really sick (I will spare the details) but it wasn't very much fun. I think I did 7 loads of laundry that day between sheets, blankets, towels, and panties. She was a trooper though. She kept pushing through and by Thursday it had mostly cleared up.

By Friday, Sevyn filled her potty training sticker chart! I was so proud of her and you can see she was proud of herself! She even put it on her daddy's pillow so that he could see it when he came home from his Mav's game. It was so cute!



As a congrats to both Sevyn and I, we went and had a cupcake on Friday afternoon at Legacy Bakery in Grapevine (our favorite indulgence right now!)

Sevyn has been diaper free for two weeks and it has been great. The idea that I won't have to buy diapers and wipes again is so exciting (at least until another one comes along.) My grocery budget is thanking me for taking her out of school for one week in order to get it done!

No comments: