Thursday, April 22, 2010

Easter & 15 Month Appointment!

Sorry for the late posts. I was trying to upload pics a while ago but my computer has been on the fritz! It is fixed now so here ya go!

Our second easter egg hunt. We went with Aunt Shelly and Cousin's Brady and Emily to their school easter egg hunt. Sevyn got her face painted for the first time. She did really good at sitting still.

While waiting for the Easter Egg hunt we visited with some ponies. She loved them!

Ready, Set, Go!

At her 3rd easter egg hunt at Grandma's and Papa's. "I found eggs!"





Family Easter photo.

"I found a big one!"

LADYBUG!


Sevyn went to the doctor for her 15 month appointment. She weighed in at a WHOPPING 19.0 lbs!!! She is ranked in the 5th percentile. She did grow some, she is now 30 inches and in the 25th percentile in height. As you can tell, she pretty small.

She got a couple of shots at her appointment. Her daddy said she handled them pretty well, as she always does!

Sevyn says quite a bit, although she rarely says them on command. Here's a brief list of her words: Mama, Mommy, Dada, Night Night, Nana (Banana), Pretty, Blue, Pink, Yellow, Red, Yucky, Oh Wow, Uh Oh, Yes, No, Bubble, Easy (our dog's name,) baby, lala (her baby dolls name.) We working on Mavs and De-fense but we may not master that one until next season! I am sure there are more, but that gives you an idea of her ever expanding vocabulary.

She is VERY good at communicating exactly what she wants. She is quick to wave you off and tell you no, if she doesn't like what you are giving her. A good example of that is when I offered her cheerios, and she waved her hands at me and said no. Then I offered her fruit loops and she shakes her head yes and bangs on her chair. She is very decisive . . . sometimes too decisive.

Sevyn is also good at communicating with you that she is tired, hungry, pooped in her pants . . . all the necessities! I am very happy with the way she is communicating. Jim and I have always made a point to talk to her like an adult, we don't baby talk. I feel like it has increased her understanding, vocabulary, and speaking skills . . . or maybe we just have a brilliant kid, I don't know, but it all seems to be working.

She LOVES her baby dolls. Its amazing the built-in mothering instinct little girls have. She finds her baby and wraps it in a blanket, feeds it a baby bottle, brushes its teeth (after she has brushed her own - which she loves,) puts the baby in the swing, car seat, anything to love and "mother" the baby. I have NEVER made a point to show her to do that, she just started doing it, which amazes me even more! There are those times when she has a lapse of judgement and sticks her baby under the seat of her car, and sits on it . . . but I am sure those things will be worked out in time!

Mostly though, Sevyn is a MONKEY!!! That is probably one of the funniest things about her. She climbs everything. She falls a LOT but still climbs everything. She has climbed high chairs, the couch, the pack-n-play, the crib, you name it she climbs it. She also loves to do flips. I think we may have a gymnast on our hands . . . and I couldn't be happier about that. (Classes start at 18 months for her at a real gymnastic academy, and I can't wait!)

Our little girl is growing up fast! I am so excited to watch her continue to grow and learn new things daily.

1 comment:

Toni Smith said...

OH, thanks for this, it's so sweet to see them learn new things all the time and for us to enjoy the joy of a child. she is precious