Wednesday, October 28, 2009

New Foods . . . All Unhealthy

To start, I love this pic. We went to a fall festival because Jim had to make an appearance. She was just so happy to be outside and playing.


So this is probably a HUGE parenting no-no, letting your child eat sweets, introducing her to sweets, and then taking pictures (or encouraging her) while she is eating sweets. I should probably put as much enthusiasm into Sevyn eating sweet potatoes and carrots (which I have,) but I love giving Sevyn new yummy things to try, and she loves to get messy. So here is the outcome of some of her 1st tries of new favorites. (P.S. don't tell my pediatrician, I don't think any of these fall in line with his eating plan he lined out for us.)

Here she is trying banana pudding. Jim and I both love banana pudding. Sevyn made a mess of it, and LOVED smearing it around but for the most part she attempted to get it in her mouth.



This is the batter for strawberry cupcakes. Yes, I am a bad mom I gave my child batter, yes it had an egg or two in it but it was only a teaspoon. About 20 minutes after she did break out on the face, but it went away within an hour. She didn't seem to care, and after a few carefully placed phone calls to make sure something was actually wrong I just let it work itself out. (That's batter on her nose, looks like a zit though!)


After church on Wednesday evening we took Sevyn over to Rita's to eat some custard. YUM! She loved it especially with sprinkles. See the bliss on her face. At this point the custard was flowing straight to her veins, and she was on a sugar high.

On this pic she decided to go in with full aggressiveness so she could maximize the amount of custard she got in her mouth.

"Dad, bring the cone closer, my tongue's not that long."

Oh the joy!

I love this stage where we can feed Sevyn just about anything if it is shredded or soft enough. The other night for dinner I gave her spaghetti, and she thought it was great too.

No comments: